Tuesday 15 January 2013

Reflections

On hindsight, I am glad to be where I am right now.


Yes you probably have guessed it, I used to work there. Since the day I bid that firm farewell, it has been almost a year that I am with my current employer. I guess for most of us, having a stable job with steady income is probably a given that comes along with most jobs. Never in my wildest dream would I have foreseen myself in the meeting room with my boss & a HR personnel discussing my compensation package. That was certainly a "milestone" in my career, I was just 24 when it happened, still fresh from university and barely working for just 2 years. Suddenly, my career has come to a dead end.

Without doubt, that was a hard fall. In such tough times, the support from family & friends had helped to keep me moving forward. Like a sharp jolt that awakens you from deep sleep, I had come to realize the harsh reality of how cut-throat the investment banking industry is. 

The human spirit grows & develops from such experiences hence in my job search I was certain that my next job must offer me stability and opportunities for growth because I was not getting any younger & I most certainly would need the steady income for settling down. 

Today, here & now, looking back at what happened, I am glad that it did because I could not have imagined where I would have ended up.

No comments: