Tuesday 21 October 2014

Review of 150-Min Spa Indulgence at Venus Skin-Aesthetic Institute

The Groupon auntie strikes again! Off deal.com.sg I purchased this - Only $18 for 150-Min Spa Indulgence at Venus Skin-Aesthetic Institute, Tanjong Pagar - Includes Trifolia Facial Treatment + Refreshing Spring Dew Body Massage + Luminous Eye Treatment + $100 Spa Voucher + Eye Serum.

The therapist assigned to me was Lily and her massage technique was abit of a mix between TCM-cum-deep tissue strokes. Unlike the usual aromatherapy or Balinese massages offered at most massage joints, Lily was able to detect what was wrong with my body once she hits the various acupoints on my body. I was in awe especially when she touched my cold feet and hands, she immediately commented - 寒气,你一定吃喝很多冷的。Spot on Madam! *Hangs head down in shame* The massage definitely hurts when she presses on certain acupoints but like what Lily said - 不痛不通!

Of course, this deal being such a cheap bargain, I expected plenty of hard-selling. She proved me right. Though I was impressed by her massage techniques, I had no inclination of signing up for packages because the location was out of the way for me and the massage was not enjoyable for me at all.

The facial session which accompanied the deal was just a simple process comprising of cleanse, mild extraction, tidying up my brows (she basically just shaved off the stray strands) before ending off with a mask. Throughout the whole treatment she kept going on and repeating the package to me, I felt vulnerable because she had her hands on me and I cannot help but wonder if the facial procedures hurt more than they should be because of my rejections towards her advances lol.

I left the saloon with very unglam hair because of the massage oil and the train ride home was very uncomfortable because I was worried about bumping into people I know when I am in such a messy state.

No comments: