Saturday 9 November 2013

Birthday Celebration @ TungLok Signatures

Of all cuisines, I really cannot comprehend why Chinese food cost so much. Of course it is apparent to you from that earlier statement I am no fan of Chinese cuisine. So, not much comments from me regarding the food in this restaurant. Everything just comes across to me as overpriced.

Worthy of mention though is the boyfriend's attempt at surprising me with a birthday cake. Throughout dinner he kept excusing himself to use the washroom & he told me that he had a stomachache. I didn't give much thought to it & continued stuffing myself with food.

Towards the end of dinner, the floor manager suddenly walked up to our table with a cake in one hand & a lighter in the other. In my head, I was thinking "excuse me, wrong table lah!" because the restaurant was full house that night. As you may have guessed it, the boyfriend then appeared with a triumphant cheeky smile. Everything just fell in place & it dawned on me what those frequent visits to the washroom actually were!

Yes, you got me there Mr Fiance, thanks for the smash hit surprise!



No comments: