Thursday 7 November 2013

Birthday Celebration @ The Black Swan

On a Thursday evening, I happily made my way down to this restaurant with my girlfriend, Angela. After reading many reviews about The Black Swan, I had high expectations & I wanted to see what the hype was all about with my own eyes.

The setting & ambience of the restaurant was classy & modern, very well done. The warm lightings were inviting & relaxing for the senses after a long day at work. With the bulk of the patrons being Caucasians, we felt like we were dining in some part of Europe despite the restaurant being right smack in the central business district of Singapore. The servers were well-dressed, ladies in classy flowy navy blue dresses & men in fitted shirts & vest, complete with tailor-cut pants. The level of service was impeccable, fantastic how their well-groomed looks pair off so perfectly with their excellent customer service.

The main courses we had however, was forgettable but the girlfriend & myself still loved this place, especially how attentive the waiter was, that really left an impression. And no doubt that such incredible service can command premium prices.

When I made the reservation I had also left a note that I was celebrating my girlfriend's belated birthday. The server surprised my girlfriend with a Dark Chocolate Dome, personalized with a birthday message. I was really glad that they had noted down my special request & they put up such a delightful surprise for my girlfriend. For myself, a Coconut Crème Caramel was served.

We were impressed with the desserts, the Chocolate Dome was rich & leaves a wonderful after-taste. I like how they had managed to create the right level of sweetness & not overly done. As for the Coconut Crème Caramel, this was my first time tasting such a dish. The brilliant mix of gula melaka with citrus was refreshing. The ginger bits came across as a surprise, nobody would have guessed that ginger which is usually used in flavoring or garnishing a savory dish, can actually go into a dessert!

The Black Swan is certainly the place to go for a romantic night out, or to impress that special someone, or for an intimate girls night out. I urge you to try this place out, definitely worth your buck!

$18 for a glass of champagne & a pair of freshly shucked oysters
$14 for a glass of white wine (Happy hour 30% off! 5-7.30pm)
$26 The Black Swan Burger - seasoned chuck, mature cheddar, sunny side up egg, streaky bacon, bibb lettuce, toasted bun, fries
$36 Duck Leg Confit - hour sous-vide, bacon potatoes, fresh thyme, mustard sauce
$14 Coconut Crème Caramel - gula melaka, candied citrus and ginger
$16 Dark Chocolate Dome - 70% varlhona chocolate, vanilla crème, seasonal berries

The Black Swan
19 Cecil Street
Singapore 049704

Tel: 8181 3305

Mon - Thu: 11:30 - 14:30, 17:00 - 01:00
Fri: 11:30 - 14:30, 17:00 - 02:00
Sat: 17:00 - 02:00







No comments: