Right after perming, one is not supposed to wash his/her hair for at least 24hrs. This is to allow the chemicals to be better absorbed into the hair & hence a longer lasting perm! Immediately after I permed my hair, I was frantically looking around for a shampoo & conditioner specially catered for permed hair. As my hairdresser pointed out, the previous shampoo & conditioner I had used for smooth silky hair is too heavy for permed hair.
1 important step in caring for curled hair, other than the usual shampoo & condition has got to be the curling cream. When hair is semi-dry after shampoo, apply ample curl cream & twist the hair before allowing it to air dry. The curl cream not only sets the curls, it also gives hair the wet & bouncy effect.
Below are some products I use
1. L'Oreal Curl Contour shampoo
2. Beverly Hills Control taming conditioner
3. L'Oreal Curl Contour rinse-out hair mask
4. L'Oreal Total Repair shampoo
5. L'Oreal Total Repair conditioner
6. Merit Miracle Argan Curl Cream
7. Korean Curl Cream (bought from JasonSally)
Related posts -
Perming my hair @ JasonSally
Excellent conditioner for permed hair